Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Filipino Youth

Why should the youth be considered the hope of the motherland? As a youth, I would still consider us the hope of the motherland because I suppose every each of us has a talent and knowledge that could help our nation grow better. I believe from the famous saying of Riza;l, “The youth is the fair hope of the motherland”, since Rizal and others had been a youth before and was able to do good for their country. Rizal being a global visionary agrees me that every youth has capacity to be expected as great young countrymen.

On the other hand, while doing this part of Rizal’s blog, my old friend suddenly buzzed me in the yahoo messenger (An online chat application). As we were having our small conversation, I swiftly asked what she thinks about “Ako Mismo”. By the way, Ako Mismo is about Filipinos making a stand and taking real action for the causes they believe in. Causes that every Filipino their selves can truly pursue to make a real, positive difference to every fellow countryman, to own country.














I was shocked from her answer; she said, “Ako Mismo” sounds so conceited. I did not bother to ask her anymore why she said that since she was busy that time and signed out after answering my question. Maybe some are not interested about it, but for me, I definitely like their causes. Advertising their ideas to scatter their advocacy about unity and change for every Filipino makes me want to support them. Their causes were strengthened more because of featuring great persons like the great artist Francis Magalona and the mother of Philippine democracy Corazon Aquino. Personally, even we are in a worst scenario, as a youth, I would still hope and do something good for this nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment